Find out what one of our lovely owners thinks of us!
Coral Sea Property Management Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution Policy
1. How to make a complaint
Coral Sea Property Management aim to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention. You should first raise your issue with the agent, representative or property manager who is handling your business.
**So if you find yourself with a case of the Scurvies please call the Captain of the Ship and Parley with him**
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to us by:
- telephone (during business hours): 07 4724 1723
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: 07 4724 5201
- post: PO BOX 1770, Townsville City 4810
Please provide as much detail as possible about your complaint. We have attached a complaints form you can fill in if you choose.
***IT IS IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE THE OUTCOME THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ACHIEVE***
If you need help to describe or send your complaint, or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please feel free to contact us.
2. How we will handle your complaint
Our complaints officer is Chairman Meow, who will redirect your complaint to the relevant party, who will then oversee the complaints process. This person is responsible for working with you and relevant agency staff, to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
3. How long will it take?
We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
We will send you an acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint within 72 hours. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter and we will try to finalise the matter within 14 days.
4. What action will we take in response to your complaint?
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things we might do include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
- give you additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
- Take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
5. What if you’re still unhappy?
Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter to the RTA (Residential Tenancy Authority) for tenants and REIQ (Real Estate Institute of Queensland) for owners.
- The RTA can deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents and offers information, advice and dispute resolution services on real estate issues.
- You can telephone RTA on 1300 366 311 weekdays to discuss your complaint or check their website on http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Disputes
- The REIQ can deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents and offers information, advice and dispute resolution services on real estate issues.
- You can telephone REIQ on 07 3249 7347 (Brisbane Head Office) to discuss your complaint or check their website on http://www.reiq.com/contact-us